Summer is in full swing, and here in Minnesota, that can mean beautiful sunny days as well as the occasional heavy storm. When the strong winds blow and the hard rains fall, high-performance siding, windows, and roofing work to protect your home and everyone inside of it. But even the most durable home construction materials can be impacted by the strongest of summer storms. Impact damage from hail and debris and water infiltration can lead to further damage down the road if not immediately addressed.
At The Construction Group in Maplewood, our storm inspection team offers an 18-point storm inspection to make sure your home is ready for the next big downpour. In this post, we’ll discuss exactly what you can expect from our storm inspection team when we inspect your home after a storm.
Assessing the Damage
It’s a common mistake to think you only need a storm damage assessment after you’ve experienced a tornado or significant hailstorm. In fact, many strong storms can create unseen damage that can threaten the protective envelope provided by your roof, siding, gutters, and windows.
Our experienced storm inspectors follow an 18-point checklist to locate any damage that may not be readily apparent. We’ll compile a comprehensive damage report and recommend any necessary repairs. We can also work with your insurance company to help make the process as simple as possible for you, the homeowner.
Here’s what you can expect from our 18-point inspection:
1. Roofing Inspection: For the two points of your roofing inspection, we’ll inspect your roofing shingles for evidence of hail damage. We also look for wind damage that has caused seals to break or tears in your roofing shingles.
2. Siding Inspection: The three points of siding inspection include assessing separation of siding panels due to wind and impact damage as well as assessing hail impact. We’ll also examine your soffit and fascia.
3. Gutters Inspection: For your gutter system, we assess three points. We’ll look at your gutters themselves for any signs of damage. We’ll also examine your gutter covers and downspouts for signs of wear or impact that need to be addressed.
4. Chimney and Vent Inspection: We’ll examine your chimney for structural integrity and damage to the masonry. We’ll also assess any damage to stacks or vents.
5. Doors and Windows: Your home’s points of entry can sustain damage during a storm. We examine your windows, screens, doors, window cladding, and garage doors for visible damage from points of impact.
6. Air Conditioning Unit: Next, we’ll examine your home’s air conditioning unit to determine if it’s been impacted by debris.
7. Backyard and Front Lawn: We examine several exterior points around your property. We’ll look at your exterior decor, grills, patio furniture, and other items. We’ll also examine your landscape and shrubs. Finally, we’ll take a look at any auxiliary features such as sheds or playsets on your property for signs of damage.
Connect with our Maplewood Storm Inspection Contractors
If a summer storm has impacted your home recently, don’t take a chance that damage will go overlooked. Too often, what begins as a minor issue with your home’s windows or siding can easily become more damaged over time.
At The Construction Group, we take the guesswork out of storm repair. Connect with our team of Maplewood home improvement contractors by phone at 651-731-5857 or contact us to schedule your 18-point storm inspection today.