How Insulation Protects Your Home
Trapped heat and moisture in the attic can severely jeopardize the performance of a roof. The combination of insulation and ventilation systems helps keep excessive household moisture and heat out. As a result, the proper conditions and temperatures are better maintained in the attic and on the roof deck throughout the year.
Our insulation installers will outfit your home quickly and correctly to create an energy-efficient barrier between the elements and your family. Did you know...
- Up to 40% of a home’s conditioned air escapes through the attic.
- Adding attic insulation and sealing air leaks can help cut energy costs by as much as 20%.
- Adding Owens Corning Pink Fiberglass Blown-In Insulation in your attic can reduce greenhouse emissions by over a half a ton each year.
Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam has gone mainstream. It’s now the preferred method of insulation on just about every construction or renovation show (green or not) and is the preferred insulation of educated contractors and architects.
Spray foam insulation...
- Creates an air seal unlike any other type of insulation.
- Can be used to convert attics into comfortable living areas.
- Lowers humidity levels in the home and improves indoor air quality.
- Provides an excellent thermal and moisture barrier, leaving indoor air much cleaner.
- Greatly reduces pollen and dust from entering your home or office building, offering relief for people with allergies and asthma.
The immediate and long-term benefits of spray foam insulation far outweigh the initial costs associated with installation. This insulating and air-sealing material provides a plethora of benefits. By investing in spray foam insulation, you will:
- Make significant heating and cooling savings every month – up to 50%!
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency by using your HVAC equipment less often thanks to spray foam’s air sealing qualities.
- “Right-size” your HVAC equipment because it uses less effort to heat and cool your home.
- Add resale value to your home, should you choose to sell.
- Reduce the dangers associated with respiratory distress and mold growth.
- Help improve indoor air quality, (ideal for allergy sufferers).
- Keep your home warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and comfortable all year round.
- Reduce the risk of drafts, as well as hot or cold spots.
- Minimize airborne noise from external sources and noise from within your home, such as plumbing runs.
- Protect your home against mold growth.
- Avoid pests and critters living and nesting in your home.
- Add structural integrity to your home, especially with closed-cell insulation.
These immediate and long-term benefits are unmatched by traditional insulation types like fiberglass and cellulose. Fragile, fibrous, and inefficient, traditional insulations cannot match the advantages of spray foam.
Insulation is an investment that can pay for itself again and again in the way of a reduction in heating and cooling costs. If you notice things such as ice dams forming on your roof because heat is escaping and causing snow to melt or you notice that your heating and cooling costs are higher than they should be, it may be time for you to have some insulation added to your home so you can stop paying more than you have to.
As your highly experienced and skilled insulation contractors, we will make sure that your home is properly insulated, so you don’t have to deal with the unnecessary increase in energy costs.
Additionally, a poorly insulated attic is going to compromise the roof’s performance. It is very important to keep moisture at bay and keep heat from escaping for both your comfort and your wallet. Moisture that builds up can cause damage to its own, and that damage can be quite expensive by the time you discover its effects.
Request a Free Estimate Today
Insulation is a very important part of your home. Without proper insulation, heat can escape through your roof in the winters and cause premature snowmelt that leads to ice dams, as well as high heating and cooling costs. When you need better insulation in your home, call The Construction Group at 651-731-5857 for a free estimate.