Are you planning to reroof your Minnesota home in the coming year? Before you automatically choose a new version of the existing roof, why not consider changing the shingle color? The right shingle color and siding combination can transform the look of your home’s exterior, adding value and curb appeal.
A new roof is one of the most important investments you can make in your home and shouldn’t be treated lightly. In this post from The Construction Group, our roofing replacement contractors are breaking down some of the most popular shingle colors for Twin Cities homes. To find out more about roof replacement options, give us a call today.
Choosing a Roof Color and Design
At The Construction Group, we work with GAF and Owens Corning to offer beautiful, quality shingles that stand up to the test of time. To check out some of our work in action, visit our online project gallery.
Follow these tips to choose the right shingles for your home:
1. Consider dimensional shingle options.
2. Check out other homes in your area for inspiration.
3. Look for siding and roof color combination ideas around town, in home design magazines, and on the web.
4. Create a home design mood board to generate ideas.
5. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box with high-contrast color designs.
6. Ask for and test a shingle color at several points throughout the day to understand how lighting will affect your exterior color design.
Shingle Colors from GAF
GAF is America’s top-selling architectural roofing shingle and is available in several attractive classic shingle colors like these:
● Antique Slate
● Ash Brown
● Adobe Sunset
● Black Oak
● Castlewood Gray
● Forest Brown
Owens Corning Shingle Designs
Owens Corning offers both dimensional and three-tab shingles in a wide range of vivid hues like these:
● Chateau Green
● Onyx Black
● Desert Tan
● Terra Cotta
● Colonial Slate
● Aged Copper
● Sedona Canyon
● Summer Harvest
● Harbor Blue
● Quarry Gray
● Pacific Wave
Inspiration from Owens Corning Style Boards
The experts over at Owens Corning recommend thinking about your personal style and your home exterior as a whole when deciding on a shingle color and design. They’ve put together some incredibly inspiring design boards to show how colors can blend as part of an overall design. Here are just a handful of their recommendations:
● Aged Copper shingles against charcoal siding with a bay blue entry door, golden natural wood trim, and espresso design features.
● Pacific Ocean shingles paired with beachy gray-blues, golds, and creamy pastels.
● Black Sable shingles against elegant light neutrals with charcoal trim.
Schedule Your Twin Cities Roof Replacement
To check out our available shingle products and find out more about architectural and three-tab solutions from Owens Corning and GAF, call The Construction Group. Get a free quote on roof replacement services by calling The Construction Group in Woodbury today at 651-731-5857, or connect with us on the web today.