Your kitchen is one of the most important rooms in your home. It’s the place where everyone seems to end up gathering when company is over, and it’s where your family meets for heart-to-hearts over ice cream time and time again. A kitchen is in many ways the beating heart of a home.
If you’re thinking of investing in kitchen renovation, our kitchen remodeling contractors can help you make the best decisions for your home and family. In this post from The Construction Group, we’re breaking down some simple guidelines for a beautiful kitchen renovation that works. To connect with a kitchen remodeling contractor, give us a call today!
Here are a few things to consider when designing your kitchen renovation:
● Creating a functional and accessible space
● Making sure you have plenty of storage and a solid organizational strategy
● Choosing appliances and finishes that work well together
Start By Understanding Your Needs
Before you get started on your kitchen renovation project, you’ll need to design your layout based on your household’s needs. Consider the following:
● Your preferred decorating style
● Number of workstations your kitchen should include
● Features you wish to keep
● Features you most wish to change
● Whether you prefer an open or closed layout
● Any physical limitations of cooks or family members
● How often you plan to entertain company
● Type of storage needed
Consider the Layout Carefully
Once you’ve determined your priorities and budget, it’s time to decide if your current layout is working for you. Don’t be afraid to reevaluate the layout of your kitchen. You’d be surprised how transformative a new layout can be!
Consider the following layouts:
● U-shape design
● L-shape design
● Galley kitchen
● Multiple work zones
● Open plan
This is where working with a professional kitchen remodeling contractor can really save you. An experienced kitchen remodeling contractor understands exactly how much space is needed to allow safe, functional movement through your kitchen.
A kitchen remodeling contractor will make sure:
● Aisles are wide enough
● Dishwasher has plenty of clearance
● Food prep area is adjacent to a water source
● Countertop height is appropriate
Call Our Kitchen Remodeling Contractors
Are you ready for your kitchen renovation? If you’re tired of running short on kitchen counter space every time you prepare a meal, it’s time to transform your kitchen layout. To get a free quote on kitchen remodeling services, contact The Construction Group in Woodbury today at 651-731-5857. Or contact us online to learn more!