If you’ve been feeling a bit cramped in your home or wishing you had just a little more space lately, you’re not alone. It’s fairly common for homeowners to love the space they live in but wish they had just a little more room to stretch out in. But getting the extra room you’ve been dreaming of may not require you to sell your home and start over. If you’ve got a basement that’s not living up to its full potential, you may already have the room you’ve been wishing for waiting just for your vision and a little contracting magic.
At The Construction Group in Woodbury, we love working with Twin Cities homeowners to bring their basements to life. If you’re thinking of remodeling your basement, here are just a few of our favorite remodeling ideas for your home.
Elevating Your Basement from Drab to Fab
If your basement is little more than a storage unit for future garage sales, you’re missing out on an opportunity to make more out of your space. Although basement remodeling projects can require a bit of an investment, they offer a sizable ROI or return on investment. When you remodel your basement, you’re adding value to your home by expanding its space without adding to the home’s overall footprint. It can also make your home more appealing to potential buyers down the road if you ever decide to sell.
If your home could benefit from the addition of one of these rooms, maybe it’s time for a basement remodeling project:
1. Extra Bedroom- One of the most popular reasons to remodel a basement is to give kids some much-needed space. Or consider adding en-suite facilities to turn your basement into the ultimate guest room or apartment suite for guest rental.
2. Workout Facilities- Save on gym membership and enjoy working out in the comfort of your own home. Additions like a mirror wall, Peloton, heavy bag, rubber mats, stereo system, and in-home juice bar will put you in the right frame of mind to power up.
3. Home Movie Theater- With dark walls, theater seating, recessed lighting, surround sound, and a projector screen, your family can enjoy the latest movies without ever leaving home. For the perfect final touch, add a popcorn machine.
4. Lounge at Home- With the addition of a bar counter, barstools, mini-fridge, and taps, your new favorite pub could be downstairs in your basement. Add built-in wine racks and a humidor to elevate your space with a classy wine bar vibe.
5. Informal Den or Rec Room- In homes with large families, having a second living room means having a second space for kids to kick back with their friends while adults entertain guests.
Elevate Your Basement With Help From Our Home Remodeling Services
Maybe your kids are tired of sharing a bedroom, or perhaps spending more time at home recently has got you thinking about better ways to use the space you already have. This is the perfect time to schedule home carpentry services for your Twin Cities home and get the space you’ve been wishing for.
To share your ideas for a basement construction project, call and speak to a home carpentry contractor at The Construction Group in Woodbury. To talk with a member of our team, call us at 651-731-5857 or contact us online for a free quote on your project.