Comparing Spray Foam to Other Types of Insulation
10/16/2017 4:00 AM -
Spray foam is the most efficient and safe product on the market today for insulating and protecting your property. It's also highly popular with home and business owners in the Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN. We provide spray foam installation and maintenance for both residential and commercial properties across Minnesota. We offer a broad range of services that include soundproofing, waterproofing, and fireproofing as well as other spray foam insulation services.
The Benefits of Spray Foam for Your Minneapolis Property
There are several advantages to using spray foam over other types of insulation.
- Complete Insulation - When we apply spray foam to a wall, it expands upon contact. This expansion is useful in tight spaces where corners, floor bases, and ceilings have to be sealed tightly. Spray foam R-value is often at a six or higher. The thick layer of foam along the walls gives it superior insulation capability.
- Maximum Efficiency - Compared to fiberglass insulation, spray foam insulation has a higher R-value rating. A higher score leads to greater energy savings - up to 50% savings on your energy bill to be exact. Fiberglass can only give you up to 30% energy savings. This is why we choose foam over all other types of insulation.
- Moisture Resistant - Air is not the only element that invades your home. Water and moisture can also creep in through the walls or the floor. Spray foam ensures that your home is watertight. It creates a tremendous amount of pressure against any surface. This pressure does not allow water to pass through. The result is a dry area that is free from humidity, moisture, or mold.
- Longevity - In most environments, spray foam can last as long as the building it's protecting. Once spray foam hardens, it is powerfully resistant to extreme temperature, moisture, the wind, and other conditions. Its longevity makes it ideal for all applications including waterproofing, fireproofing, and soundproofing any building. During its lifetime we will need to perform very little maintenance. We suggest an inspection about every 3-5 years.
- Environmentally Friendly - Many property owners today are concerned about the long-term environmental effects of the materials that go into their home or commercial building. Spray foam is good for the environment and energy reduction. It protects your building from moisture and mold, utilizes fewer consumed materials, and helps reduce energy costs throughout your building's interior.
Insulation Codes in Minnesota
Insulation materials must be installed according to Minnesota building codes. Spray foam is one of the types of insulation that either meets or exceeds those regulations consistently regardless of the building's environment. It meets the minimum fire and protection requirements for attic and crawl spaces for both open and closed foam spray. It also exceeds the minimum requirements for air, fire, and moisture resistance.
If you have any questions about the benefits of spray foam as well as Minnesota building codes, please contact us today. We can fully protect your home and keep your property code compliant so give us a call at 651-731-5857. We are happy to help you get your home or business ready for every season!
Comments are closed for this post, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this post, feel free to contact us.