If you are a first-time homeowner, you may be overwhelmed at the thought of replacing your roof. If you have questions, The Construction Group can provide the answers and help you with your residential roof replacement solutions. To schedule a first-time consultation, contact us today. Below are some common questions that homeowners have about roof replacement.
1. How do I Know I Need a Residential Roof Replacement?
One of the most reliable indicators that a professional roofer needs to replace your roof is the amount of money and time you are spending on maintenance in repairs. The average roof repair costs around $700. If you are paying twice that much and calling a professional roofing company more frequently than you should,
2. What is the Best Roofing Material for My Home
In Minnesota, the best type of roofing material is asphalt shingles, metal roofing, and tile.
● Asphalt Shingles. Asphalt is the most affordable and offers an endless array of styles. It has a life expectancy of up to 30 years. It’s also easy to install.
● Metal Roofing. If you want ultimate protection and insulation from the outside elements, then metal roofing is your best bet. Metal roofing can last for more than 50 years. Due to technological advances, it also provides a broader range of styles.
● Tile. Tile roofing is among the most expensive types of roofing. The payoff, however, is that you can expect it to last 70-100 years. It may outlast your house.
3. What Should I Look for in a Roofing Contractor?
A roofing contractor should first and foremost be licensed in the state of Minnesota and certified in residential or commercial roofing. A contractor should be able to provide a portfolio of past work including references. A roofing contractor should carry the minimum amount of insurance legally required to cover employees and property. Last, a contractor that has direct industry experience working on your type of roof.
4. How Long Does a Roof Replacement Last?
It depends on the following:
● The condition of your roof
● The size of the roof
● The weather conditions
● The size and scope of work to be performed
With that in mind, we can complete most roof replacement jobs within one to three days.
5. Why Should I Hire a Professional Roofing Company?
Two main reasons: First, you want the work to be covered under your warranty. Second, you want the work covered under your insurance policy. A DIY job may not be covered by either if anything goes wrong. Only a professional roofing company can ensure that your roof is replaced according to industry standards and residential building codes. That way it’s covered under your warranty and insurance.
Schedule a Roof Replacement in Woodbury, MN Today
If it’s time to have your roof replaced call The Construction Group. We will remove your existing roof and install a new one in a few days. Call the roofing contractors you can trust at 651-731-5857, or you can message us on our contact page.